steve113
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 81184
What I Drive: 1.8 lx 16v Zetec 1999 silver

FF Reputation: 1 steve113 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc34 View Post
OK if I am understanding you correctly. The engine is cranking over but wont start. Then after you hit the gas pedal it will start right up, and every time after that. Try this. The first time you go to start , turn the key to on, not crank position, and listen for the fuel pump, ( a humming or whining sound) should last a couple of seconds. It pumps up fuel pressure. Sound like you are losing your prime. silly question but is the fuel filter pointing in the correct direction. It will have an arrow on it...
Hi yes fuel filter is pointing right way as i did all these changes as having the problem since we noticed when changing cam belt that fuel was leaking from the pipe with the chrome circle regulator attached to fuel pipes( under the bonnet near cam belt side) so i replaced the pipe with regulator on but stopped fuel leak but caused the starting problem so i swapped back to original faulty pipe and chrome circle regulator but still have problem . checked no fuel leaks cant hear any vacuum leaks