Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Duratec/PSEV Instrument cluster swap?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 03:06 AM   #1
DidHeFocus?
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1704
What I Drive: 2003.5 ZTW PZEV

Points 26,532, Level 97
Points: 26,532, Level: 97 Points: 26,532, Level: 97 Points: 26,532, Level: 97
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 DidHeFocus? Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Duratec/PSEV Instrument cluster swap?

Has anyone swapped the cluster on the 2.3l PZEV?
I've wanted a tach since the day I got my ZTW, but the only reports I've found are for the Zetec and have even swapped one of those myself. I know it's plug and play for the most part, if you're not worried about the mileage or warning lights for ABS if the old car had it and yours doesn't.
I'm thinking it may be the same on the PZEV, but would like to hear from someone with first hand experience. What mostly worries me, is the mileage reading being accurate. The parts guy at Downtown Ford said that all I have to do is order it and they'll enter my current mileage at the factory before sending it to them. The guy said he called his supplier of the cluster and that was it! It sounds a little too simple to be right, doesn't it? I have a feeling that the ecu will check with the cluster when it is installed and first started up, and if the mileage is even only one mile off, it will store an error code and my car is now "mileage unknown". I would do the tach upgrade, if I was sure this won't happen, or know exactly how this can be done PROPERLY!

BTW, I've asked a bunch of dealers if and how it can be done and got a different answer each time!

Thanks all.