Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus Fanatics Ride of the Month Showcase
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #72
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
NOVEMBER RIDE OF THE MONTH(2010)

Member name: FOCUS311
Model: SVT (3 door)
Color: Sonic Blue

Why she loves her Focus:
"In 2000 I rode in a rental car that we picked up at the airport. I hadn't heard of or seen the Ford Focus before. I really liked how big the dash area was and I was impressed with how fun and sporty the sedan was to get around in.

The next year, I completed my college degree and landed a job in my field. I was ready to purchase my first new car. I wanted an economical and reliable car to get me to and from my job. The Ford Focus fit the bill. I leased a Focus SE sedan for three years. For my next leased vehicle, I was looking for something with a little more performance. In 2004, a Sport Compact magazine featured the Ford Focus SVT and I loved its appearance and the performance it offered. My coworker told me he had seen a magazine exclusively about the Ford Focus. He said the magazine had an orange cover and featured an orange modified Focus. I picked up the premier issue of Focus Fanatics Magazine and I was blown away by the amount of aftermarket support that was available for the Focus. After driving a completely stock Focus sedan for three years, I was already making plans for my newly leased 2004 Sonic Blue SVT #0602.

I couldn't boost my SVT until after my three year lease was up. My first two modifications to satisfy me until then were a Steeda Short Ram Intake and a CFM adjustable short throw shifter. Next, I had a five piece body kit professionally painted and installed.

In 2007, the lease for my Focus was up. I took out a loan, skipped the extended warranty, and continued with my plan to supercharge my Focus. Fortunately, the Powerworks Supercharger Kit was still available and was being sold at a closeout price. This year I removed the body kit and installed the stock SVT bumpers and side skirts to bring the car's appearance a little more back to its roots.

I love my Focus because it has become my favorite hobby. The car projects I have worked on have been challenging for me, but they always leave me with a sense of reward and accomplishment. I love having an instant bond with other Focus owners at shows and get-togethers. I'll never part with my Focus."

Her future plans:
"The custom dyno tune I received from McNews Automotive this summer was the finishing touch to my car. I plan on being diligent with regular maintenance so that my car will run as long as possible. I am looking forward to many more shows, get-togethers, and track events with the car in the future."

MODIFICATIONS

EXTERIOR:
vented carbon fiber hood clear coated with candy burple
SAP rear diffuser
Hella taillights with color matched surrounds
Euro grill
Wings West mid wing and Whale Tail spoiler
Steeda billet shorty antenna
Clear side markers
Hoen H10 Xenomatch fog light bulbs
Ford Edge rear wiper
TFB Designs vinyl build number 0602
Thule Aero roof rack
Thule Criterium upright bike carrier
Inno surfboard rack

INTERIOR:
Recaro SVTf EAP front seats
MOMO Pit Stop Airmetal e brake handle
Fortune Auto titanium shift knob
CFM adjustable short throw shifter
Redline Accessories custom leather shift and e brake boots
Redline Tuning SVT floor mats
Radio, vent, and gauge bezels painted Sonic Blue
Billet aluminum HVAC knobs with blue indicators
Steeda billet aluminum 12 volt plug
Topshop carbon fiber hatch cover
J&S Safeguard with AF/knock sensor gauge
Autometer boost/vac gauge
AEM wideband gauge

I.C.E.:
Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit

ENGINE DRESS-UP:
Euro stainless steel engine dress up pieces (washer fluid reservoir cap, power steering reservoir and cap, and fuse box cover)
Massive Trophy Valve Cover Kit in Purple Limited

PERFORMANCE:
Powerworks Supercharger Kit
Ford Racing SVT ceramic coated header with Massive header hardware kit
Custom high flow cat pipe
South Bend stage 1 clutch
Torsen differential
Taylor Thundervolt 8.2 mm ignition wires
Motorcraft AZFS22C spark plugs gapped to .040"
Royal Purple transmission fluid
Royal Purple Black Ice coolant additive
custom dyno tune by Ray at McNews Automotive