Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Accelerator sticking.
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 08:21 AM   #7
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
TSB= technical service bulletin. These are often confused with recalls- but that's not what it is. It's merely an in-house method of sharing experiences with other repair techs that might be out of the ordinary. For example, some automatic transmission shifting problems were traced by a master tech to be a ground wire that was left disconnected by the factory. Now other techs who get baffled can look up this solution if the problem is similar. It's basically the same thing as this forum is for us- except everyone is a professional- LOL.

Whether or not you can get a new TB or not, I don't know. I don't even know if you can purchase a re-designed TB.

Oh, and yes, the throttle body is what holds the throttle plate that tilts and lets air into the engine. It is between the air intake and the intake manifold. It doesn't get cold where I live, so cleaning always worked for me.

I'd like to know if there is a re-designed factory TB, what the part number is, and what the TSB number is. That would be information that would speed things along for anyone going in for this repair.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.