Well I've been a member for quite a while but never posted about my car outside the Forced Induction area.
Car is a 2006 Sonic Blue ZX5 ses. Purchased December 2005.
I started modifying it at 18,000 miles and went straight to a turbo.
I had no intention of modifying it at all to be honest, but a set of little IHI turbos came up for sale on another forum and it got the wheels turning and thus here we are.
I'm not going to go through the full history because the configurations I've gone through is ridiculous.
All work done by me.
Tom did help get me going with the current tune by providing a base D20 turbo tune which I modify using the SCT Pro Racer Package.
Here is my original build thread: sporadic's Turbo Duratec Build Thread
To the best of my knowledge, I was the first individual (not a company) to turbocharge a D20, at least in the US.
Best ET: 13.63
Best MPH: 103
- Stock long block D20 from a 2005 (this is the second engine)
- IHI RHB52 turbo with upgraded 16T compressor wheel (11psi usually)
- 3" turbo back exhaust
- 55lb injectors
- 3" MAF housing
- 2.5" charge piping
- FMIC 2.5" in/out. Don't recall the core size.
- BOV vented to atmosphere
- Mini Cooper coolant expansion tank
- Exedy stage II clutch and flywheel
- SCT tuned using Pro Racer Package
- FRPP suspension
- Poly rear control arm bushings
- Line-X'd rear control arms (my buddy worked there, thought it would be neat)
- Poly rear sway bar busings
- Poly dog bone and tranny mounts.
- Solid passenger mount on race day - my design.
- Innovate LC1 wideband
- Shortened stock shifter with FRPP leather mustang knob
- Extra 12v outlet
- Ford Racing boost and oil pressure gauges
- 35% tint
- 225/50-15 drag radials on drag day
- Cut and blacked-out lower front bumper