Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - ZETEC Timing Belt Replacement
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #102
Max_Power
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 77201
What I Drive: 2002 Infra Red SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Max_Power Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BlackFocus View Post
Get a torque wrench. When you're dealing with anything critical on the engine (what could be more critical than a crank bolt?), and you're told a torque, there's a reason for it. If you don't torque the bolt down tight enough, the bolt could come loose due to vibration, and the timing belt goes nuts and you might lose the engine.

I'd get (and I have) a torque wrench.
Yeah I know, just asking because in the original post the guy didn't mention the torque of the bolts, reading all the week of this and Ill be asking to the dealership to see how much they want for the job, and if they want more than 300 dlls, screw them Ill be doing this thing myself, the only problem will be the tools, but with the 300 I can easily buy the tools that I need and they stay there for any other service or repair that need to do, don't trust the mechanics around here, I bet no one here has done a timing belt for a SVTF or even know that they need a special tool for the job, don't know why I have that feeling, maybe I am wrong...