Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Looking for rally knowledge input
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 06:00 PM   #13
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing MemberGeezer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemyhondaeater View Post
Yea I'm totally wanting to go with the rallycross look as well and I had the same question. Im actually looking into having a guy at my work make me a light bar to go on my bumper for two big KC type lights. Anyone know where I can find one of those huge spoilers? I picked up some APEX 2'' drop coils. Should I not even waste my time with those?

For "looks", think about adding some 1/8" thick polyethylene mud flaps and some white wheels (gold is OK but not as popular) that either have lots of spokes (like SVT or Sparco rally wheels) or really big beefy spokes like Speedlines or Compomotive wheels (these latter two are serious (and expensive) rally wheels). Rally wheels have a tough heavy appearance rather than a delicate one (no light spindly airy wheels). Oh, and as to rally lights, big (8") Hella's or Cibies with black and white covers are the time honored way to go. And yes, put the Apex springs on the shelf for now.