Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Vibration in my 2003 ZTW
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #12
spiller
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75607
What I Drive: 11 Sangria SE sed, 01 Wht SE Wagon

FF Reputation: 1 spiller Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkspeed View Post
The weird thing about my vibration issue is that it is intermittent. Sometimes it goes away when the engine warm and runs real smooth. That is why I thought it was in the EGR system.

Secondly, the engine idles differently when the heater is set to defrost with the heat on.
I suspect the AC turns on automatically when the defroster is turned on to prevent the windows from fogging up.
The intermittant issue does not entirely surprise. And yes the A/C compressor turns on with the defrost mode.

I don't know about aligning the RH mount/engine. I was just careful about the order I tightened the nuts and bolts. I did set the engine carefully when dropping the bolts thru the mount and into the frame.

The failure of the RH mount could have contributed to an early failure of either or both of the two other mounts.

Since good mounts should even isolate a bad running engine, I would confidently guess that your vibration is still the engine mounts.

Hey my earlier reply did post! (Sorry for the duplicate)

Last edited by spiller; 10-26-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Server responded wiithout posting message immediately