Buickboy
br/o/stang

Fan#: 28542
What I Drive: 72 Skylark, '12 Mustang

FF Reputation: 39 Buickboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyther View Post
Hmm thanks for the information. If you don't mind I'd like to ask you a few questions.

Bear in mind I'm pretty much a car noob (I know the basics).

<ignore>Are car seats interchangeable? Where would I get the sliders? Do they come with the seat? I don't see anything that mentions what cars the seats are compatible with.</ignore>

Also, are there other dealers that sell car seats? If so, who might they be. The nearest Corbeau dealer is 2 hours away from me, so looking at other dealers/manufacturers would be a plus.

Also, where you able to get all the cables hooked up (I'm naive here). I guess there are cables that hook up to the seat for air bags and what not. Also did you get the regular seats or the wide seats?

Edit: Found this: http://www.corbeau.com/corbeau/seat_brackets/ so I answered my question about the seats being interchangeable and the sliders.

Yup, sliders are separate and seats are universal.

Performance shops around you might be distributors for seats like these. You might want to look into momo, sparco, recaro, etc. as long as it isnt a cheap brand found only on ebay (unless you want that, some people use those with no issues). Another option might be to find a set of 08+ seats or SVT seats which will give you the adjustment you need.

I had to tranfer over the seatbelts and that allowed me to plug in the seatbelt chime wiring but nothing plugged in for airbags or the gel pad on the passenger side. eventually will get some resistors or cheater plugs to plug in and get rid of the light on the dash.

i went with the standard width, i think its good for up to a 38" waist and the wide is 42"

and if youre looking for seats at a junkyard you want to select coupe vs sedan- the sedan seats dont have the level that lets them tilt forward to let passengers in back