Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Uncomfortable Seats - 2007 Focus Hatchback
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
pyther
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 79870
What I Drive: 2007 Focus Hatchback (2dr)

FF Reputation: 1 pyther Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buickboy View Post
I dont think the 07's had that lumbar crank- you see it on SVTs and the 08+ cars I believe

After dealing with the side bolster foam ripping on my car I decided to upgrade to some Corbeau LG1's. Im your height and weigh a bit more than you but these hold me very well and are very supportive. The stock seats are shit compared to these! With sliders they will run you 900-1000. The only issue is if you have side airbags and the gel pad in the passenger seat. I havent played with resistors to cheat it into thinking theyre still hooked up. Id go to the corbeau site and find a distributor to you and see what they have on display- see what fits!
Hmm thanks for the information. If you don't mind I'd like to ask you a few questions.

Bear in mind I'm pretty much a car noob (I know the basics).

<ignore>Are car seats interchangeable? Where would I get the sliders? Do they come with the seat? I don't see anything that mentions what cars the seats are compatible with.</ignore>

Also, are there other dealers that sell car seats? If so, who might they be. The nearest Corbeau dealer is 2 hours away from me, so looking at other dealers/manufacturers would be a plus.

Also, where you able to get all the cables hooked up (I'm naive here). I guess there are cables that hook up to the seat for air bags and what not. Also did you get the regular seats or the wide seats?

Edit: Found this: http://www.corbeau.com/corbeau/seat_brackets/ so I answered my question about the seats being interchangeable and the sliders.

Last edited by pyther; 10-26-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Found new info