Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Uncomfortable Seats - 2007 Focus Hatchback
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
pyther
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 79870
What I Drive: 2007 Focus Hatchback (2dr)

FF Reputation: 1 pyther Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Uncomfortable Seats - 2007 Focus Hatchback

Hello.

I got a 2007 Ford Focus, 2 door hatchback, a few weeks ago. I love the car, it drives great, but I have ONE problem.

My back starts really bothering me after about 20 minutes of driving. I have tried adjusting the height and tilt of the seat with no success. I had no problems with my 04 chevy cavalier. I think the problem is that the seat "sticks out" at the bottom so there is "a lump" so to speak. The pain is in my lower-to-middle back mainly, at my spine.

I am 6ft and about 190 pounds. I tried one of those cheap seat cushions at walmart (that is all they had) and it didn't help. I also tried a lumbar cushion from amazon, but that pushes me up way too close to the steering wheel. Also, with that said I'm not sure that helped.

I am looking for some suggestions on how to improve my comfort. Is it possible to buy a different style seat for the car? I am willing to pay up to $700 to fix this problem. I'd prefer a cheap solution, but ultimately I want to keep the car and I do about an 1 1/2 of driving 4-5 times a week.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!