Old 10-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #11
Aku
Sneeze

Fan#: 57726
What I Drive: 04 R32, 94 CBR

FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Stock Size 215-45-17

Tires Felt good, My times were still pretty consistant with what I used to drive with the old tires. Significantly less squealing around corners but then again that could be because they grip better and I was too used to driving at the speeds I normally do and didn't push them as hard as they could.

I did push my best time of the year and hit 1:27.97

Although back in 2006 I hit a few 1:27.xx's when I drove the car one day when it was still my dad's (my car had an issue day before event). Although again 4 years ago so there is 4 more years of engine/suspension wear (lots of miles put on the last 2.5 years since I've had the car)

All in All, I really like the tire. Another guy who lives near me who also had a 5dr svt was there and he was a good second or two faster, however he had dedicated track wheels/tires that were actuall hoosier racing slicks and obviously those are better.

We talked a lot and discussed lines around the course, and what gear we drive in and when. We both learned a few things from each other so next spring at the next event we will see what happens

Although if all goes as planned I will also have a set of dedicated wheels/tires for track days only.

Will eventually like to get opinions on what to do for those but i'll worry about that later

So overall. I like the tire and I feel it is an improvement over what I had before.