rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5268
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 1 rgonyer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT_ME View Post
Now, do you think, like the SVT, they have eeked out all the power they could from a 2.0? I realize it is boosted, and as such, has great potential... maybe.

They claim they have optimized the intake/exaust and have tuned it to what they feel is is well. It may be what they consider well, is, in fact, conservative by a modders standards.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but it seems to me that dissapointment awaits...

It would be a shame to have to drop mad money to squeeze a meager amount of power out of it, considering that a little over $1K on the MS3 will allow you to rape most everything (while still being able to corner ).
Factory boost almost always = crazy potential. All of the necessary equipment is there to make it work already, unlike a N/A car which is what makes forced induction difficult. More boost = more power. Just like any turbo car, throw a bigger turbo on it, tune it, and off you go. The first guys to do it will be the ones that will figure out how much the stock bottom end can take... and it will cost them. But there's no doubt it will be done. If it's making 250 stock, 350 should be no sweat, and 450 to 500 will likely be obtainable with bottom end work and cams.

There are ALWAYS trade-offs. With the bigger turbo, lag will be worse and idle will suffer which is one of the many reasons why they don't do it from the factory.