Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Odometer Blue led (or whatever color) conversion mod
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #151
ChuckDee
stock status

Fan#: 43589
What I Drive: from '07-11: black Zts

FF Reputation: 48 ChuckDee Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDee View Post
*updated, (09/10)*

1st: *Update for first step (09/10)* now you can go to superbrightleds.com and order the #74 bulb. I recommend them and plus they have a warranty behind their bulbs
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b....html%23ipanel

Now the bulb, which i've learned at the time, is not same size as ur tiny, old bulb. Thus meaning, it's not going to be a direct fit. So don't push it all the way down otherwise you can't fit it back into the hole you got it from. So what you'll need to do is shove it HALFWAY into the gray bulb holder and tape it on sides to hold it on. Use whatever tape is available to you. it's ok to tape it on the sides of the led bulb itself, the light isn't going to shine through that part only through the top.

*Update (09/10) the bulbs you'll get from superbrightleds.com should be able to fit in with no problem. The newer design of the current bulbs since this original posting, should be slimmer, so it should be able to fit without modification.
Superbrightleds.com is the way to go. they have better leds for a real cheap price. plus they have a warranty with their products too.