Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT Clutch replacement completed (pics)
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #23
Aku
Sneeze

Fan#: 57726
What I Drive: 04 A4 Avant, 04 R32T, 94 CBR

Points 10,087, Level 67
Points: 10,087, Level: 67 Points: 10,087, Level: 67 Points: 10,087, Level: 67
Level Up 10% Completed
Level up: 10% Level up: 10% Level up: 10%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 4 Aku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Interesting that I find this now...

My car is currently still on stands at my buddies house from a clutch replacement..

Took us a couple days real time to get the trans out (we pulled the axels out of the trans but not completely off the car, and dropped the front sub frame for extra clearance / easy of getting to bolts.

Put it all back together and took it for a test drive and when I parked it I was pissing fluid out the trans... Got scared that it was trans fluid which would mean the input shaft seal was torn and would probably have been annoyingly hard to replace..

we dropped the trans a second time in a couple hours and realized it was a leaking slave cylinder... we chopped it up as defective and I talked to spec about it... since I don't have time to wait around for them to see if it was defective or not I just bought a new slave and clutch disc (since fluid got on the disc and wasn't reusable) and put all the new stuff back in...

waiting till tomorrow for new sub frame bolts to arrive (old ones were fubar) and should just need to bolt in those 6 and then drop the car and go..

spec thinks that we installed the clutch wrong by doing the same thing blkSVT's friend did (putting the clutch disc in backwards (same situation I was at work and my friends were the ones who put all that in)). My friends say they tried to put in backwards and it just wasn't physically possible to get the pressure plate bolts in so I'm doubting that was what happened. Planning on boxing up the 'defective' slave cyl and the soiled clutch disc tonight and shipping them back out to spec for assessment.