Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 1turbofocus F/I Tune....lots of tuning issues, NOT satisified.
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #58
iroc34
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 69289
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Taurus Limited

FF Reputation: 18 iroc34 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Tom`s Tunes

WOW. I just now came across this thread. I have to throw my 2 cents in.
I have had Tom do 3 different tunes for my ZX3. First when I did the SVT exhaust swap. He had my car running great in 8 remote tunes. When I thought it couldnt run any better, he did 6 more to get it perfect. Then I bought a Pro Charger, even though other guy`s on FF said I woudnt be satisfied with the power. Tom remote tuned that set up , sometimes in the middle of the night(when I was on the midnight shift in ST. Louis) He never failed to get back to me with a IM or an e-mail. Even when I was on vacation, and didnt have the car with me LOL. He had the PC tuned and with 10 -11 psi it ran great. Only thing , it was so loud that I hated it. I do a lot of freeway driving. I am not 19 years old any more , I like to be stealthy !. At that point I had my old lap top crash , and lost all of the tunes Tom had done for me. So back to the NA set up. Tom was right on it with the NA set up he had done for me. " I don`t think he deletes all his files on your tune until he is done" But he does need to know what the file name is. Can`t imagine how many files are on his computer!! I know some guy`s had some trouble when his lap top crashed. But it was not long before he was back up.
Then I went to the current Turbo Set Up. We remote tuned this whole set up while he was on vacation!!!. He got back to me with the tunes by the end of each day, sometimes 2 or 3 if he had some free time. Cut the guy a break. We all deserve a vacation. Some of us need more!! . Well we did 27 remote tunes during this time. I was satisfied at 19 but he kept telling me just a little tweak here and there. I gotta say with my set up, completely stock engine with 135,xxx miles on it. I am running 13 -15 psi and it runs very strong. I dont hammer the thing all the time, and my days of tire smoking burnouts are (mostly ) over. The car is a blast to drive. Tom did a great job, and when the time comes for a complete build, I will not hesitate running down to his shop, if it is still there.. Thanks For All the late nights Tom. Take Care, Rocco