Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #208
Tbones00SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9982
What I Drive: 2000 Toreador Red SE

Points 1,356, Level 20
Points: 1,356, Level: 20 Points: 1,356, Level: 20 Points: 1,356, Level: 20
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 Tbones00SE Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunDerST View Post
I think that many of you guys dont see this new car as a "focus" because you missed a link, you missed on the mk2 focus.. I can see the relation from what I have to these new ST, and though I must admit I didnt liked it the first time I saw it, and I think its a shame theres no rumbly 5pot anymore.. I have to say its been growing on me.. every time I see it I like it more and more.. Can only imagine what I'll feel when I see it in the flesh
Also you should read some of your responses, maybe thats why ford didn't brought you a performance focus before, there are sooo many needs and sooo many opinions that is hard to please everyone...
All I know is it doesn't look like I'll be trading my ST, at least not for this one, I'll wait and see the facelift mk3
CheeRS!

P.S. I saw the new spy shots on the fiesta ST, and although I liked it A LOT, it wont be a focus, and it will lack many of the cool features I so madly love on my ST, same as the previous fiesta ST, great looking car, super fine of a drive, but ultimately in a conpletely different class as the focus..
The fact that we didn't get the MKII or a performance model with the "refreshed" MKI is simply due to finanical and management turmoil at Ford NA when the decision had to be made. Ford wasn't making any money selling the Focus here and didn't think they could make money on the Focus so they made the decision to not invest significant time and money on bringing the MKII here, especially when there was much more money to be made in the SUV class. Ford decided to kick the can down the road a little and so we got the '05-'07 refresh. Then Ford turned the NA Focus over to a small team of American designers and we got the '08-'11 refresh of the refresh. It had very little, if any, to do with Ford worrying about pleasing everyone.

Every automaker goes out and tries to design a car that will have mass appeal. I'm sure someone from Ford views some of the things we say as a way to gauge what we would like to see in a focus, but in the end it comes down to what they think the market as a whole wants and, most importantly, can they make a profit selling the car.
Zetec Crew #73
ATX Faction #24
Mods: Volant CAI, 65mm TB, CFM Lower Mount, VF Passenger Mount, SVT Header, SVT Cat, SVT Flex, and Trubendz 2.5" exhaust, Roush Suspension, Tune and CarPC.