Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #204
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

Points 25,851, Level 96
Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96 Points: 25,851, Level: 96
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbones00SE View Post
I'm not sure what you're looking at, but he showed how a Fiesta ST (Yes, it was an older model), looks very similar to the MKII, which came out after it. In any case, if you disregard the pictures and look at what he said, it was clear that he was saying (cause he said so) that if you are the type of person who wants a car with the feel and styling of the MKI and MKII then the Fiesta is the car you will most relate to. The MKIII is a whole new car that doesn't look like the Focus as we like to think of the Focus because it's not. It's a new and different car, just with the name Focus. You can call it growing up or whatever, but it is what it is.

Now, I don't have a problem with it because in the 6 years I've owned my Focus, I've grown up too. So, this new Focus fits me perfectly. That's not going to happen with everyone. True, the Fiesta is 8 inches shorter than a MKI and in a lower class, but the Fiesta seems to better fit those who aren't feeling the new Focus.

Posted via FF Mobile I see what your saying and sort of agree. Depending on the weight of the mkiii and whether or not Ill need the extra room, I may go with a fiesta, for one its cheaper will get better mileage and is more like the car I have now. But what I was saying is that the look might be similar but the feel between the mki and the mkii is not. The mkii was already larger and rode on a different chassie then the mki. The mkiii will probably feel close to what the mkii did, but word is they trimmed some lbs from the new focus, i think its like 80lbs or so. But again thats compared to the mkii. These changes should be no surprise to people is what Im saying. Imo the focus is still the focus, or else you can say that every car ever made isnt what it was and it just stole the name.