Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #203
Tbones00SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9982
What I Drive: 2000 Toreador Red SE

FF Reputation: 10 Tbones00SE Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
I wouldnt say the Fiesta is the new focus at all. Everyone needs to remeber some things. First off the focus we have is pretty much like 10 years old and so are the prices we were used to for it. Car prices go up all the time and just about every car gets bigger with redesigns, the focus is growning up. Hell the Fiesta is getting bigger too. Also the Focus isnt really getting bigger or more expensive, just to us it is, the mkii c1 focus already is bigger then the mki we have and carries a more premium price.

Oh and i think we are thinking to deeply about this, i really think copper thought the fiesta he has pictured is the new one lol.
Posted via FF Mobile
I'm not sure what you're looking at, but he showed how a Fiesta ST (Yes, it was an older model), looks very similar to the MKII, which came out after it. In any case, if you disregard the pictures and look at what he said, it was clear that he was saying (cause he said so) that if you are the type of person who wants a car with the feel and styling of the MKI and MKII then the Fiesta is the car you will most relate to. The MKIII is a whole new car that doesn't look like the Focus as we like to think of the Focus because it's not. It's a new and different car, just with the name Focus. You can call it growing up or whatever, but it is what it is.

Now, I don't have a problem with it because in the 6 years I've owned my Focus, I've grown up too. So, this new Focus fits me perfectly. That's not going to happen with everyone. True, the Fiesta is 8 inches shorter than a MKI and in a lower class, but the Fiesta seems to better fit those who aren't feeling the new Focus.
Zetec Crew #73
ATX Faction #24
Mods: Volant CAI, 65mm TB, CFM Lower Mount, VF Passenger Mount, SVT Header, SVT Cat, SVT Flex, and Trubendz 2.5" exhaust, Roush Suspension, Tune and CarPC.