Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Im thinking of joining the Army Reserve..
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,656, Level 78
Points: 14,656, Level: 78 Points: 14,656, Level: 78 Points: 14,656, Level: 78
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
You may want to rethink chem (depending on which part you choose). being in a full body decon suit for hours on end can take their toll. I've done training as mass casualty (victim) and seen first hand what they go through. It takes a certain type of person. if your even somewhat claustrophobic or cant take heat you may want to reconsider.
I did 10 yrs active and 12 reserve before retiring. theres alot of options if your asvab is up there. I've seen several people going reserve or guard be offered good jobs by active due to this and a few even took it.
best to just sit with a reserve recruiter and find out what types of units are around you, this is what will dictate mos's you can choose from.
Then sit with an active recruiter and see whats available, you may be surprised.
either way you go, make sure you take it upon yourself to get some college under your belt, and any other education, you'll need it once you start going for higher ranks. The army is becoming more geared toward educated people or those willing to learn.
joe blow that doesn't give a crap doesn't go far or last long anymore. always someone better that can fill his shoes.