S0C0nFused
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39405
What I Drive: 2007 TorD-Red ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 77 S0C0nFused Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8erboi_mikey View Post
so there is no way for me to put a cat on my focus if i install OBX headers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_FOCUS View Post
Are there any headers or manifolds that can be purchased aftermarket for the PZEV 2.3 without failing emissions?
My two bits on the above as they are related. What is legal vs. what will 'pass' cannot be answered directly as it is based primarily on your location. Example: I live in Saint Louis. I can 'pass' with a header IF > I have a cat (following the header), AND > I have all the factory o2 sensors in place and working (No cheaters). I got this info by simply asking my Ford dealers emissions manager who does my inspections (hint: I inquired there as there the toughest inspection station in my area). lets_FOCUS > your answer is probably yes, but you would have to have modifications (a port) added for the air pump.
but the real question for both is this. What do you expect to gain? I gave up on a header as there is no performance gain to be expected if you have a cat following a header. The cat is the primary restriction. This has been confirmed by both Tom and Randy.
Last of the Hatches #28