Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #118
anarchyamp
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70907
What I Drive: 2002 pitch black focus SVT turbo

FF Reputation: 1 anarchyamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Posted via FF Mobile People people, stop getting bent outta shape, we dont even know how much itll cost yet. Everyones throwing out 30k, but that is definitely high, at least for a base st. Maybe itll get close once you slap on every availavle option. And no this is not being built to compete with the sti and evo, what is with people and comparig every car to these two over rated cars...flame away, but some of you really seem like you think the evo and sti is the end all gods cars...they really not, especially intheir current forms. Recently they have become over weight and over priced. What sti or evo are you getting for 30k? Sti cost alittle over 34k msrp and the evo costs alittle over 33...and thas base with no where near the options that youll get on the focus ST. Sti is even less of a good buy now that the wrx is basically just as fast and looks exactly the same. Oh and neither of these cars will have an interior close to the quality the Focus will.

St is going to compete with the GTI, MS3 and other 25k sporty cars...not 35k evos and stis. Dont get me wrong, the evo and sti are killer machines, but they are losing their lust imo and are getting fatter and more expensive. And theres alot of competition catching up and also price the same if not cheaper. Years ago these two cars were performance bargins...not so much anymore.
Yes! Definitely, fatter and more expensive. Everything you said was absolutely correct lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twytch View Post
Oh, and don't even get me started on those tail lights... WTF was ford smokin when they designed that s**t
hahaha, I know, right?