Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #66
kenzx3
Say NO to FRPP Drops

Fan#: 42651
What I Drive: '00 ZX3, '03 ZX3, '07 ZX3

FF Reputation: 125 kenzx3 Excellent Standing Member kenzx3 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (49)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Red Racer View Post
That is sweet. The problem will be price though. I'm sure it will be closer to the $30000 range. And with a family, I'm not willing to spend that much on a compact car. I'll wait and see though. It may be time to replace the SVT by then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyfocus View Post
I think price is the biggest reason we have never had them in the past. Its still going to be tough because more than likely the price range will be in the evo and sti price range without their performance. Besides.... how many people are going to drop 25k plus on a Focus except the diehards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomRogue View Post
people are speculating 30k for this car.

they need to keep it under 25k to make it competitive (ie: MS3 territory) they creep up on 30k with the price, and that is entry level BMW territory, not to mention WRX and EVO
It's a PERFORMANCE model, EXPECT it to be around 30K MSRP wise to compete with the Evo and WRX, the Focus is now in that territory.

If you want a cheap Sport Compact there is the Fiesta.

People will buy these, yes the tide of owners may turn from College Level kids to Late 20's to Early 30's but that is because the car will cost more. If you want everything this has to offer well then you gotta pay for it, plain and simple.

Kudos to Ford on making a world class car. I will be buying one.