Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Im thinking of joining the Army Reserve..
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 04:52 AM   #6
blackoutSVT
Lurking

Fan#: 52102
What I Drive: 86 sportster1100, 12 Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 blackoutSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
the army life is a great life you get to do some cool crap. but like 6SPD said they can replace you, i can say first hand this is true. i broke my hand in training and they kicked me out. they told me i was damaged and was no good to them like that and that recruting was at 180% at the time and could fill my spot. i was at the top of my class in training and had the highest score in BRM and they let me go. i can rejoin after 6 months with a doctor note but idk if im going to now. so take care of your self first off if you go. start going out running for 3 miles every day. you wont run that long or much in BCT or when u get to a unit but it is still a good pratice. and go active above going to the reserves. nothing wrong with the reserves but you'll make more money going active get better benafits, and you can choose dam near any job you want depending on your ASVAB score. i got to do some cool stuff the short time in was in and it was a great life experance. oh and also when/if you go talk to a recruter come back and tell us when they said and we can kinda help you out understand some stuff that might be confuseing you and clear up any misleading info they will tell you. GL bro HOOAH!