Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Im thinking of joining the Army Reserve..
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
CJohn364
GoKart and Me!!!

Fan#: 49277
What I Drive: 2K5 ZX4 SEt (ATX) French Blue, Met

Points 73,243, Level 100
Points: 73,243, Level: 100 Points: 73,243, Level: 100 Points: 73,243, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 119 CJohn364 Excellent Standing Member CJohn364 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
The main difference between the Army Reserves and National Guard is that the NG is funded by whatever your state of residence is and AR is federally funded. 6SPD has a point about going Army full time vs. part time. Gonefhsn is also right with still needing a civillian job to keep going. Just make sure to do your homework on whatever MOS you may be interested in, but know this...whatever MOS you choose, you WILL get deployed sooner or later. And if you've heard about this Try One program for the National Guard, don't believe it. Try One is a theoretical program where people can try it for a year to see if they like it. Well, be mindful of terms like "Stop Loss" and "Involuntary Extension". I found this article about it:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Dec8.html

Get as much information you can BEFORE you sign ANYTHING. Trust me when I say Recruiters WILL tell you what you want to hear to get you to sign. When they do, Uncle Sam could keep you longer than you like. Just be prepared for a commitment if you do sign up. Good luck.
Sedan Revolution #61 / NW Posse #2
FF Moderator
Member Rules
Buy-Sell-Trade Rules
Complete 'How-To' Archive
General Racing Thread Rules