Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - tried everything electrical problem on 05 ford focus need help
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 11:35 PM   #24
Try_Duk
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 77421
What I Drive: 2000 Blue SE SW

FF Reputation: 1 Try_Duk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Wow they would not have gotten one dime if I left with same issues unsolved.They would have removed what they installed , that just sounds more like part swapping then diagnosing.Hear a lot of this now days.Sorry but part swapping gets very costly, just sounded like you are paying to train mechanics.I just would not have paid nothing for parts unless vehicle was repaired.Now I would not pay the bill either if a shop that replaced my ignition module ,plugs , wires, cap, rotor and coil to solve a misfire.This just tells me they just part swapped until they found the problem.Problem is, more and more shops do this instead of finding the problems through proper diagnosing.Demand either they find/fix the problem or remove and refund for all the non corrective parts they installed along with the part swapping training you provided to their mechanics at your labor rate.

I would be looking at Voltage Supply/Defective cable/wire or poor cable/wire connections.Mainly the ones supplying the fuse panels.Would also be looking at grounds and their connections.Would include ECU along with wiring and connection connectors.Best to stay with one place that is trustworthy for repairs and not just replacing parts and charging without resolving the problem , as taking your vehicle to multi shops/people you keep repaying to have the same things checked/retested.Don't pay for parts if you leave with original problem.Ask questions why and what each part your charged for is and why it was replaced.Usually electrical switches and sensors don't all go bad at once or very very rare.If they tell you they are stumped but here is a bill for 5 parts plus install and Diagnosing labor charges, only pay for diagnosing labor time, remember your car hasn't been fixed so why did they put new parts on it but its still broke and doing same thing, They can swap the parts back out or eat the part costs!