Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Stealth CAI--What to expect and what NOT to do.
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #31
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTEX53 View Post
Excellent posts. I have an '05 ZX3-S, that I purchsed new and now has 56K on the odometer. My reason is down the road, to replace air filter and not for performance related but the cost down the road at the dealer. Is there a simpler air filter replacment for under the hood. I have the basic tools but my back conditions won't let me contort into tight places. Thanks.
JT
There are no simple drop in filters or the such for the duratecs for the 05-07 models. Your only real choice is replacing the stock intake (I believe that is recommended maintence around 100,000 miles) or switch out the stock one for a CAI or SRI. The cold air or short ram would involve some time under the car and slouched over the engine bay removing the different parts of it. Which there are several parts and could cause you discomfort with your back.

Also, check the regional forums here too. Texas has lots of Focus owner's that would probably help tackle your install with you.