Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - TC or SC for Autocross?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 02:12 AM   #9
blackoutSVT
Lurking

Fan#: 52102
What I Drive: 86 sportster1100, 12 Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 blackoutSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WUGcatsvt View Post
I havent read responses yet so this might have already been said. If you planning on Autoxing I would choose, neither. It bumps you to a much more competitive class that you wont be able to compete in and Autox is more about suspension.

If you must FI go with a supercharger. Once the turbo starts to spool you will have to start breaking rendering that power useless. Ive seen this happen to most of the turboed cars out there. The Supercharged ones dont have that boost of power all at once. They have it where they need it.
So I guess I disagree with all that say turbo. I havent seen any proof that turbos are anybetter
im with you on this i think that the gradual power of a SC would be much better than a turbo. now for racing like time attack like the car im building a turbo can be your friend since you have big runs till you get to a turn.. and then you can be building boost in to the turn and then when it hits you'll be where you want it..

but like every one else said build your supention up first then go to FI cause it is not going to do you any good to have all that power and not be able to turn..lol