Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - GLU goes to autocross!
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #69
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

Fan#: 56705
What I Drive: ^^^ That!

FF Reputation: 10 GodLovesUgly Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
alright, 5 events down, plenty more to go. i feel horrible about not attending the pro and national tour that my region hosted down in wendover, nv. oh well maybe next year.

some of you may know that i picked up an SVT not too long ago, so that's what i'll be racing from here on out. the zx3 is now my DD.
i had my first event in it on memorial day, and it didn't go too well!
first off, i could not get a launch down for the life of me.. a couple of times i forgot to turn off the fake t/c button, but even when i did remember it still didn't work out too well. i know a large part of why i didn't do well is because i'm not really use to the svt, i will work on this before our next event.
coming from my zx3 which has a better/stiffer suspension, a sts, a dogbone, and an exhaust!! (plus other lil goodies)
the svt shifter is damn tall! and the reason i mention exhaust is because i can't really hear the svt, it's pretty quite, meaning i can't read the motor and tell where it's at. also, the SVTs first gear seems to be a ton longer then my zx3.. (pretty sure it is) that kinda made my head scratch on the course lol.

with time i will get it down though!

i read that a tune would help with acceleration, but unfortunetly tunes aren't legal in my class. .