aTm Beaner
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21542
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 5 aTm Beaner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
It doesnt matter who does the tuning , Its a best guess when tuning with out a wide band , Me I want to know that my engine is safe and so do most people and tuners out there , If your happy with not knowing then so be it

Remember you chose your tuner because of cost not customer service or there ability to tune and those were your words , Now you beat on your chest about fs and you act like you chose them because there best , funny how your forgot about how you chose your tuner

Tom
Cost wasn't the only factor. If some so-called "tuner" without any kind of dyno charts was selling them for $300, the answer still would have been NO. The reason I went with FSWerks is because of their knowledge and reputation within the Focus community. Dyno charts are provided and their products are up to date. Their customer service is also top notch. My tuner hasn't been the only thing I purchased from them.

Randy has been tuning for quite a long time already and has done many tunes without the need to look at numbers on a wideband. He is as professional as they come and will tell you exactly what you need. As he also said, bolt ons don't require a wideband, but he does see them as beneficial. He requires the use of a wideband when you start using upgraded cams, an intake manifold, or other internal engine modifications. The way he's able to tune a person's car without the need for it just shows how much he knows about the Focus. Look at how many tunes he has done without any of their engines blowing up.

As much as you hate to admit, FSWerks is the best when it comes to tuning, their products, and an up to date site. They have had numerous awards and are a well known name in the Focus industry. FSWerks FTW!!!
TEAM DURATEC #512 ST CREW #100
2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST
Focus Sport Cool-Flo v.1, Focus Racing Cat-Back w/ Magnaflow HFC, F2 Header, Focus Sport Tune 93 Octane, Saleen Suspension Kit, Rota Slips 16x7