Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Wish me Luck - Lewistown, MT PCA Event
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #9
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
We got video!!!!
That was AWESOME!
It was completely different than Miller Motorsports Park.
Where Miller was really wide and forgiving, this track was a lot tighter and technical.
Not only that, my arm was tired from the amount of shifting.
I can't believe I was getting into 5th gear on the backstretch in my final 2 sessions.
Which meant, I had to get all the way down into 2nd to enter the turn.
Heel and toe FTW!

Without further ado:
A couple laps with Nick:

A lap with Joe: (From my final session after getting the lines and shifting points figured out...sort of)

A special thanks to my ride along coaches Nick and Joe after I got to solo for a session.
^^^Nick and Joe are fellow Bozeman Region 52 SCCA members.

It was rather enlightening to be told; "you can flat foot it from here on out" (backstretch from Nick),
and Joe's different entry to the first "S" (looking for the little short straight within the "S" was a big help as well.
(Now, if he (Joe) can just figure out his left from his right, that would really help when coaching LOL!)
^^^I got it on video...Joe; "head all the way to the right"...Me; "What?! That way?"...Joe; "Oh, yeah, sorry, I mean left."

I even enjoyed the ride with Fred. (One of the tried and true old hands (79?) with the PCA)
He did point out some pretty important turn in points and apexes, even though he kept trying to get me to load up the rear tires for traction.
Fred...which end is this car driving from? LOL.
I definitely would have been at a loss for the first session had he not shown me the proper way around the track.

Last edited by WD40; 09-07-2010 at 12:10 PM.