Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - You're doing it wrong! AKA Rice Reports(Post autofails here!)
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 02:56 PM   #540
GonFishin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 262
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2006 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 GonFishin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Should I start with the wing, shark gills, or duel exhaust??
I actually don't think the new Tiburon looks too terribly bad stock, but once some ground effects go on it, it doesn't matter how much hp it has, it's rice. The design just doesn't support ground effects well. Korean cars also have fugly headlights, and there's no way I'd own one because of the crappy engines/trannies. They're pretty quick if you get the 6-cyl, but it feels really loose like it could just crumble at any minute. With all the tension in Korea right now between the North/South, don't expect them to concentrate too much on their quality. If they moved their factories over here to America (or somewhere else somewhat comperable), their quality would probably improve, but they'd raise the price also which would be counter productive for their great amount of proffit they generate per car (which is probably a lot more than you think).
Besides:: with what we are basically considering "ricey" (car looks like a great performer, but actually sux performance wise)...that car as stock is near the top of the bowl of rice as are many of the Korean cars (not that they look like great performers, but even as d#mn ugly as they are, they still look better than they drive.....Rio, Sephia, SPECTRA...not to point any fingers...lol)
PS..don't consider their warranty as a sign of their quality. It's just a sales gimmick. If you ever pay attention to their commercials, you'll notice the "SUNDAY!! SUNDAY!! SUNDAY!! OUR DEALS ARE OUTRAGIOUS!!! WITH PRICES THIS LOW, WE MUST BE INSANE!!!" kinda advertising. Everything with them is WAY exagerated, and their warranty is no exception. They just wanna be a high volume seller. If anyone were to build disposable car that you could drive a few miles and throw away, Korea would lead the way with probably Mexico in a close 2nd (the mexico comment doesn't say too much for american cars either...Japanese are great because they'll do anything to be a step ahead of the U.S., but if we quit buying for dependability, they'll surely quit making dependable products...coughELECTONICScough...lol).

2006 Mustang GT / Intake / Exhaust / Tune
roughly 290rwhp & 315rwtq

Last edited by GonFishin; 11-06-2003 at 03:11 PM.