Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - what size and brand?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #25
Auto-X-ZTS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54278
What I Drive: 2000 ZX2 S/R

Points 318, Level 6
Points: 318, Level: 6 Points: 318, Level: 6 Points: 318, Level: 6
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 Auto-X-ZTS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedOften View Post
Have you driven any of the cars with the steeda 28.6 rear bar? Or are you basing this on only your opinion and no experience?

If the SVT LCA's are not bending or breaking, then the bar is obviously not beyond the design capacity.

As you said the sway bars are a tuning device, so why couldnt this sway bar compliment the driving style of those who are using it?
SVT LCAs have broken...with 25mm RSBs as I recall....and that is a fact. The rest is my opinion. Being that I design and market swaybars (more as a hobby than a business), then I do think that I bring some credibility to the discussion. My swaybars are used on a National Championship (2008 ProSolo) winning FSP Focus. Nobody else can make that claim. Not Eibach. Not H&R. Not Steeda. What's your swaybar-tuning background? I hope it's more than "oh I went out on the interwebz and found the biggest, baddest bar I could find and hung it on the back of my car." I don't mean to come across as an A$$, but all too often that is really what is happening when I have this same discussion over and over...with no thought of how a suspension is a sum of parts all working in concert as a whole. Why take the compliance out of one of the best FWD rear suspensions on the market? Makes no sense to me.

I also have about 20 years of autocross background (Multiple Regional championships--was also the fastest Street Tire Focus at fj Jet-Fest I in 2005--4th overall) and two years of SCCA wheel-to-wheel roadrace experience (with 2 in-class race wins) on my resume... So with all due respect, no, I am not just blowing hot air.
___/\_____/\_____/\_____/\___

Last edited by Auto-X-ZTS; 05-11-2010 at 09:07 PM.