Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - SCT Datalogging issues PLEASE POST
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #98
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing MemberBlivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Posts like this are part of the reason I do not contribute here much anymore. I am a member of many Ford messageboards and nowhere else do I see as much complaining as I do here....

Do I understand your frustration? Of course I do, I work here and own an SVT and the X3 has issues on my car.

We are a business and I alone do not set proiority on what gets worked on...not even close. From a business side, spending a lot of time fixing problems on a car that was only produced from 02-04 in limited quantity is not a wise decision. If you were to ask any of the higher ups here, that would be the response. Even with that though, I have been able to get certain items with the Focus worked on

To that end, I will say this: Datalogging is now working with the SVT...but it has not been released yet. Once it has passed full testing, it will be released and no sooner. Our firmware for the X3 is also being worked on to work better with the SVT. Again, this has not been released yet and will once finished in test. I can all but guarantee that this will be the last time items for the SVT focus will be worked on.

To address your issues with being told the issue was not reproducable, the techs here deal with a lot of issues daily. It is hard to keep track of everything and sometimes in the interest of time they are unable to go and ask if something has been addressed. Initially, because the problems were intermittent, the standard answer was that it couldn't be reproduced. The issues has been reproduced, looked at and as I said before fixed. My vehicle would not log consistantly and now does using the test livelink.

Now lets see how long it takes before you and everyone else jumps on my case.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grommish View Post
Are we going to see an update from SCT regarding the SVT Focus Datalogging issue?

Currently I have $550 invested into the hardware side of tuning that DOES NOT WORK.. My XCal3 might as well be a backlit paperweight at this point.

SCT has done nothing to address this issue but tell us its "known" (if they admit that much). I've been told they've been UNABLE to replicate the 10-second logging issues.. They actually had the audacity to tell me that. The SCP logging was "sporatic" back in Oct of 09 and was made worse with LiveLink6.1

When I asked about a refund on my Xcal3, I was told I need to speak with Tom. I don't think this is fair. Tom has lived up to his end of the bargain, SCT has not. I'm at the point I want my money back so I can get a DiabloSport, they at least work with the SVTF..