Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - removal of crankshaft pulley bolt?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #107
the_doc735
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74469
What I Drive: focus lx blue

FF Reputation: 1 the_doc735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Yup, it wasn't coming off, puller or not. Jeez, they don't make things easy with all the variants.......but the area that you indicate as "crankshaft spindle" is a portion of the actual end face of the crankshaft with the thread/thread lead in visible? So the black/dark area is the portion of the bolt head/integral washer still to be ground off......correct? It's confusing to me because you have that outer red ring, and labelled it as "Integral bolt/washer", or did you simply mean that that is the area that was "covered" by the original bolt head/integral washer. If that is the exposed area of the face of the crankshaft how much below the front face of the pulley is it? Anyway......obviously, you have to carefully remove (try not to grind into the crankshaft) the remaining area of the head/washer that I think I can see remaining there. Actually you've done a helluva job just to get that much of the damn bolt ground off. If that is the end of the crank and exposed threads and going by the look of it.......I think you'll be able to extract the bolt shank just fine.
"If that is the exposed area of the face of the crankshaft how much below the front face of the pulley is it?" ~ the pulley has been pushed almost fully 'home'! It only protrudes about 1mm - 1.5mm. I've tried to make the rest of your questions clearer with 4 more 'captioned' photo's ~ hope they help?

cheers!