Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - removal of crankshaft pulley bolt?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #74
Grumpy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 43791
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 28 Grumpy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
the_doc735.......If you can rotate the crank so that the piston is around the BDC position, and if you can get a look through the pin hole to see if you can find that (or a) vertical, flat surface on the counterweight that is directly in line (must be perpendicular) with the hole, insert a rod/stick/anything and make a mark inline with the outside surface of the block at the hole. Use that measurement to cut/grind the pin to length. I suppose you could also just get a length of "good" steel rod with a diameter just smaller that the hole thread and if you can find the appropriate perpendicular flat surface maybe it would be possible to "solidly" backup/jam the outside end of the steel rod solidly (and square) enough to hold the crank. I'm a nervous nelly as well thinking about the load on the block sidewall/hole threads etc. when applying the huge loosening/breakaway torque that this puppy appears to require.