Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - removal of crankshaft pulley bolt?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #66
Grumpy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 43791
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 28 Grumpy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It just "ramped" off the machined flat. But I can't see how the opposite side of the crank web/counterweight as seen in the photo won't rotate around (when rotated CCW) and hit the damn pin? It just hit me........that the crank web/counterweight position will be about where the FRONT web/counterweight position of #2 cylinder is at BDC as in the photo (they alternate/are staggered between cylinders). Look at the position of the pin and compare it with how it looks in relation to the adjacent web/counterweight (the front one for #2 cyl. and just on the other side of the bearing) and you can see where the pin should/will contact the crankshaft. I appears that if you rotate the crank CW so that #1 piston is just above BDC, install the pin, rotate the crank CCW until it hits the pin. Back out the pin to see if you've got a good "purchase". Also......can you not see the crank through the bolt/pin hole and check to see what the end of the pin is actually contacting? There are so many Zetec engine varients on your side of the pond. DO NOT put the piston at TDC. Are you sure that the short pin is not the correct one?

Last edited by Grumpy; 05-04-2010 at 02:27 PM.