Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - GLU goes to autocross!
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #60
theheat
I Nom Cones

Fan#: 59123
What I Drive: 2008 Vermillion Red S Coupe

FF Reputation: 3 theheat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
glad to see your having fun, this year has been my firs season of autox, ive missed the past 3 or 4 but on the 16th im going again!!!

i would definatly invest in a dedicated race set of wheels... i picked up some used 15x8 rims with the azeniz 615's on them off of a guy on here for $230... just wait for a good deal on wheels and tires for about $300....

the smaller overall rotational diameter really helped with the gearing, i got more out of low 2nd gear rpms coming out of turns.... over my 17x7 with 215/45/17 tires...

they don't even have to be great, just something else to tear up over your dd tires...

i did alot of riding with experienced drivers and had them ride with me, the best way to learn...

don't be afraid to hit the cones either, and on your last run i try to push it harder than the previous ones, you'll either pull the win or spin out... either way, its a great way to find what your car will actually do...

and i also like working the track first and driving second... really helps to learn the course and see where others mess up!!