Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - removal of crankshaft pulley bolt?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #33
the_doc735
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74469
What I Drive: focus lx blue

FF Reputation: 1 the_doc735 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_2000_se View Post
He mentioned it was a double pulley so I guess it could be both.Who would have thought to check the "How-to's". Sometimes it's more fun to reinvent the wheel - I know I like to do that, lol.
But what torque is now on that bolt is anyone's guess. And that 1.6 liter engine probably doesn't have a big starter - but then it, isn't my car.
I'm kind of leaning toward the 'jack method', clean and controlled. Just make sure you put the wrench handle on the 'correct' side of the bolt.
Actually I thought we just might be trying to increase the 'hits' on FF !
It has a double auxiliary pulley (a small one with a bigger one behind it). The small one had no belt and the larger one had the auxiliary belt (alternator etc) around it. Behind this is the lower timing belt cover; behind that is the crankshaft timing sprocket, = 3 in total. I've looked at how to's as well. The torque is the SAME as the pulley has not moved in either direction yet. It has a Smallish starter! Considering jack method at moment. No, not just trying to increase hits on FF ~ actually I wish that's all it was - lol ~ I assure you it is a real bolt with a real attitude problem - lol.