Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Front swaybar for circle track
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
Blackcatn2o
soon to be turbo!

Fan#: 48278
What I Drive: 06 silver ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 48 Blackcatn2o Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoticracing View Post
judging from all ym circle track experience in FWD's which is quite a bit but we onyl run asphalt, you will want to leave the front bar stock and get a very larger rear bar to help with oversteer, the front bar being really big will give you more of a push
um no

if you add the most biggest sway on the back for a circle track your car is going to spin out like hell. really big sways are for very tight turns like autox an some road racing apps.

I had so many suspension part for the last car i had that sucked dialed in perfect until i got cocky an bolted a bigger sway in back and oversteered into a ditch. After $2k+ in suspension parts i know my shit.

go with a H&R front sway (an yes it's adjustable), H&R race spring with koni adjustable, start out with a SVT 21mm sway an if you feel like it's not enough buy your self a ford racing or a progress 22mm rear sway (DONT jump to a 22mm right away until you feel a 21mm), go to the local auto store an pick up some off the self rear endlinks (the flat tabs on the rear sway should be level with the ground an those endlinks should do the trick).