Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Just a little off the hard top... LOTS OF PICS
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 12:28 PM   #52
Flying56eagle
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69819
What I Drive: 2009 RED SANGRIA METALIC SES COUPE

FF Reputation: 11 Flying56eagle Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARice View Post
WOW, WOW, and WOW! The second thought that popped into my head is that I had to do this. This will so add to my black on slilver theme and it's like having the convertible sedan I can't afford. The third thought is how I would explain this to my wife who also talks about getting a convertible but wouldn't like the idea of me cutting a giant hole in my roof. It's irreversible. Her first question would be safety. If you cut that much roof out you loose some rigitity. How strong is the frame and what is it made out of? I've never driven a convertible in the winter.... When it's -30 how much longer to warm up cabin I wonder?
The roof seams more ridged than ever now, you can grab the sides and they do not move, Frame is made of aluminium box type, powder coated, Drove last night to work, interstate driving, 75 to 85 mph 53 miles one way and 30 deg, seamed fine , the noise level really didn't raise that much at all..

THE WORD LEAKING IS NOW A CURSE WORD, A time out to any one using it.

Some say I give them hell, I just tell them the truth , They think it's hell