Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - HOW TO: Install Cosworth Balance Shaft Delete Kit with Pictures
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 10:01 PM   #23
gonefhsn
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!

Fan#: 45759
What I Drive: 13 Tangerine Scream ST2,12 RAM 2500

FF Reputation: 21 gonefhsn Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egz View Post
Good luck re-installing the balance shaft assembly. Make sure its properly aligned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetrinka View Post
Its really subjective. When I deleted mine I had all stock mounts in and yeah you feel some vibrations but its not horrible IMO. With the dogbone mount it gets a bit more but still fine. Forget about it if you have all three poly mounts. It literally was shaking my dash apart so I swapped the poly passenger mount for stock and it was fine again.

And I got a baffle kit when I installed mine. Works fine as far as I know.

And gonefhsn, you do know the balance shaft has to be properly lined up with the crank right? Just like timing cams to the bottom of the motor, the balance shaft is the same way. There are directions somewhere but i forget where.
I got the instructions from Ford today and it is not all that hard to do. Put the engine and balance shafts at TDC and install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egbertnr View Post
All the mazdaspeed guys do it to their 3s and 6s...I am debating it for my 6
it is a preferance, me personnally don't like and can not feel a differance in acceleration, like i said being F/I could be the differance.

FFMODERATOR