Old 04-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #65
jrdyfocus84
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64726
What I Drive: 2001 Silver SE Sedan SPI

FF Reputation: 3 jrdyfocus84 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
update 4.11.2010
well update on piston "situation".... been calling and email back and forth with wiseco since initial discovery of a problem on Monday...came to solution on Friday... at first we talked about me sending my pistons back to them and they would "attempt" to re-drill the wrist pin hole and make new wrist pins... since the hole on the current piston is too small... stated they wanted to get with their engineering dept make sure it would work and hold up... after a couple calls from them and discussing motor buildup and hp goals... they decided the best option would be for them to just build a new set of pistons and wrist pins instead of modifying the current ones...(which i preferred anyway)...they were just afraid under boost that "anything" could happen and they didn't want to be liable for a piston shattering and tearing up the entire motor... no complaints on my end!...lol...also are doing a rush order on the pistons...at least 2 weeks...which i understand...faster than 6-8...lol.. in the end all i can say is wiseco were great to deal with, kept great communication and came to an acceptable solution... even though there was a problem with the product in the beginning they handled the situation exactly like a company should!...keep the customer in the loop...ACTUALLY call someone back when they say they will...and come up with a solution both can agree on... i DEFINITELY recommend wiseco to anyone looking for forged pistons... they have my business for sure!....

also got my oil pan bung in to weld up my return drain...