Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Track Day Setup Advice
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #25
Schroeder02

Fan#: 53191
What I Drive: 2013 Red ST & 2009 Focus Race Car

Points 5,401, Level 47
Points: 5,401, Level: 47 Points: 5,401, Level: 47 Points: 5,401, Level: 47
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 62 Schroeder02 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
I daily drove my car with Carbotech AX6 pads for several year, the pads saw both track and street time. The AX6 seemed like a very good brake pad for a novice to Intermediate driver, but you do have to understand they squeal and dust like mad. I guess I’m lazy but I never liked changing pads at that track, but now that my car is a weekend driver and I have moved up to the higher levels I use a more aggressive pad (Xp8’s and next xp10’s) I agree you wouldn’t want to street drive daily not because they don’t work (because I have driven them in the winter) but they where extremely fast and at 175 a pair you don’t really want to be chancing them every 6 months.

I do think you can have a summer/track tire, I also run the Dunlops I left them on my car from early spring to late fall and the worked very well I never had any issue of chunking from running them on the track, they just wore much faster doing both.

Maybe the title of the thread is a little miss leading it’s really HPD Car set up, and I think you can have a car set up very nice for double duty but like geezer said your building a compromise when comparing it to a race car. But you can build a very streetable HPD car.

Your on the right track with yours I had a friend that rand the very suspension your installing on your car he was able to win the EMRA time trial series one year. He was very very fast driver and held a race license, and felt the dynamic Kid was a good way to go on a street car

Do you have any special rituals when the helmet is concerned like many have? - I wipe it so that I can see better.