Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Common Ford Focus Transmission Problem, How to fix
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #48
tiger61378
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54476
What I Drive: 2003 Red ZX3 Sport

FF Reputation: 3 tiger61378 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by runfocusrun View Post
Hi guys, haven't been on the site in quite a while, remember I said I thought my solenoids were gone ? Well finally late october '09 I went to Ford, spoke to the master of transmissions there, hence the guy has 35 yrs of experience only in Ford tranny's, we hooked a computer on the car and went driving, guess what, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the tranny, it only is a tiny bit hard on the lock-up (yes I drive an automatic) but further all is ok. Ended up paying 45 $ for the check up but it was worth it.
Hey, not too bad...

And, btw, a little tip for people. You can get a PocketScan from Advance Auto Parts for around $80. It just gives the codes & lets you clear em, but its about the best $80 I ever spent (needed the thing when I had my old Geo Tracker...damn check engine light would never go out, it had so many problems LOL). I'd call it an essential for your tool box (or better, glove box...easy to hook up to the OBDII port on the Focus, and you have it if you get a sudden check engine light while driving).
Hatchback Lover #53