Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - PWSC trials and tribulations...
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #63
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukaniSVT View Post
NO need to start Tom bashing ... but I would say when it comes to FI tunes you are better off with tuning at the shop that is helping you with your FI or any other local shop.

I would think Remote tunes are pretty hard to figure in the world of FI.

His tune is good for the NA group but hard to hit it on the marker for FI, since he doesn't see the car and what it is doing. Only taking what you tell him.

-Ray-
Thank you , remote tuning works like this

I send a FI tune as a start up tune , with that I send a list of things to log , you log the startup file and send me the log (just lik on a dyno , I see the same thing in the log as if I was sitting at the car)

Then we do driveability , if the o2 isnt reading right or there is a vac leak then this is way off as in the case with mdgonzo101

Then we move to WOT , again I see the exact same logs as the dyno shop sees , and as stated I have dozens of happ customers with remote tuning

There were issues that havent been posted with his car and he knows this but I am not going to bash him back

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus