NJSVTGUY
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46519
What I Drive: 86 GN, 11.1@128, 20 psi

FF Reputation: 8 NJSVTGUY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Turtle View Post
so who is GaryK? i have heard about him quit a bit but i dont really know much about him. any links?
If racing is your religion, Gary was a god. He knew every track and sanctioning body, he was treated like family by everyone. You had instant credability just walking in with him. He built a race Focus and mentored some young enthusiats. At first they crewed for him, then he let them drive during enduro's, then when he was to sick he finally just let them race the car. He passed away a couple years ago but his spirit lives on, as does his posts on this site search GaryK. I was always jelous how much seat time he got, and even told him so. His advice was for me was to prioritize what is important, meaning get on the track more. You could mention any turn on any East coast track and he could talk for hours on it. He knew what gear and RPM was his best, he lived to pick up some rpm's. His major goal/ambition was to get more yournger people into grassroots racing, out of love for the sport. Many people are club racing today thanks to Gary.