Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - ST bezel w/ SpeedHut gauge faces
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #15
Lancer211
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65747
What I Drive: 2004 infrared sedan SE

FF Reputation: 4 Lancer211 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalfocus01 View Post
Does this have a new lens with it? For 20 bucks I may do it. I think it would look good with all my metal pieces on the interior.

I like it alot. I think it would look better with some darker faced gauges tho.
Yes, it includes the lens. It's the whole piece that comes off the front of the gauges and is held in place by 4 snaps.

I agree that it might look better w/ a darker faced set of gauges. That's why originally I was going to paint it black, like the SVT bezel. Better contrast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miragesmack View Post
Okay, clear this up for me.

Is this on the inside or outside of the lens, I can't tell?

Also, you guys say it is silver, but it always looks white to me, though I am somewhat colorblind. What kind of silver is it?

Both guys pics looks awesome btw.

The part number for the ST cluster bezel with the silver face is 4S4Z-10838-CA and current price is $19.37 at Tousely. I have one parked in my shopping cart already.
The lens is glued to the bezel, it's one piece. The rings are inside it. If you check the odometer reset button, you can see where the lens is.

It's definitely silver. Silver enough that it reflects the flash of my camera, so it looks white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverjacket View Post
Thanks, and i have not had any problems with the gas gauge i did do a little damage to my temp gauge but i fixed it by making a custom needle stop... i noticed the needles rubbed if i did not get the face taped down tight enough in the gauge area, i would say get back in there and turn the needle with your hand and see if its rubbing if it is u need to get the face more flush with the backing i had that issue on my tech the needle was rubbing

i do miss out on the meets i only get 1 or 2 days off of work a week and there not in a row and its a good 130-150 mile one way drive to get down there (depending on where its at) from my location just hard to get down and back in one day and go to work the next i will catch yall one someday lol
Yeah, when I first installed my SpeedHuts, the needles rubbed, so I ended up pulling them out slightly. Then later, I decided that I wanted to replace my stock orange needles for a set of red ones, so I removed them completely. But now my gas gauge doesn't stop itself, and when I turn off the car, it just points straight down. That's why it always gets stuck on the gauge ring now until I tap the lens.

I should prolly do what you did on your temp gauge. How'd you do that?

Last edited by norcalfocus01; 03-22-2010 at 03:47 PM.