Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Springbuck's SVT Turbo build
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #9
bmylez
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 64637
What I Drive: 2003 350Z Track

FF Reputation: 23 bmylez Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbuck View Post
I wanted to find out what is the best vacuum source to use, what do you suggest?. I do still need the vacuum lines. I do have the boost controller though. It is the Profec Type-S above. I am also upgrading the clutch so I will get that as well, but I haven't decided on which one yet. I am leaning towards the CM Stage 4 6puck. I will be running to a catch can, but I am not going for over 300 hp so I do not think I will need the BAP.
Damn, I keep missing things. Your boost controller is up there clear as day, but when I'm typing a response I forget everything you have, hah.

Anyways, I'm running an OBX vacuum distribution block. It's one of the few OBX products that is simple enough that nothing can go wrong. You hook it up to the PCV line that comes from your intake manifold. It gives you 6 vac sources and is a nice, clean solution. With a boost gauge, boost controller, and BOV, that's 3 right there. You can hook up your J&S as well (though I don't run mine).

I've heard good stuff about CM stg 4 but I also recommend looking into South Bend stg 3. Holds 425 trq and is pretty easy to drive. I have probably 10k miles on mine and it's fine...though it's not holding real power yet, but I know that it can.
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3 GT - cursed
2003 350Z Track - basically stock, and it runs