Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Basic Bolt Ons: Cat back exhaust systems
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:27 AM   #34
kgb05
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 62912
What I Drive: 05 Red ST

FF Reputation: 1 kgb05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captcurt_18 View Post
Can i suggest adding a section about fitment, like how the SAP needs an extension to fit properly, and how zx3/5 exhausts wont fit zx4s without an extension.

Evan, i see you have been listening to The Lonely Island haha. flippy floppies...
So what I am gathering is that the truebendz 00-04 2.5" piping will work with my wife's 05 ST, but I may need some extra piping?

at 200 bucks for the SS, I would be inclined to double it and just get the f2 setup... or save some money by going custom like I did on my prelude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Focus View Post
I thought we had agreed that 2.5" is best for any duratec (at least 2.3) even with only minor mods.
I see there is some debate here... I would think 2.5" would be marginally better on a mild build (but I am thinking from 2.2L h22a VTEC perspective...). It might not do much, but it won't cause a drop in low/mid range torque with the 2.3L, will it?

As I said above, at the 200 price I'm tempted to just have a crush bent 2.5" custom job done (the one on the lude is beautiful...)

the 2.25" mandrel bent might be about as good as 2.5" crush bent... but again the custom piping should save me some cash...

I'll probably go with a magnaflow muffer from www.hottexaust.com (I've bought from them and they seem to have good deals...)

I will probably get a high flow OBDII compliant cat from them as well, and prob squeeze a straight through resonator on it to mellow it out... (the lude was ridiculously loud before I added a 16" resonator...)

This is in the more distant future... not much $$ to waste now with my wife's medical expenses, so for now I am going to do the custom SRI... at almost 50,000 miles that "lifetime filter" has to go...